Tuesday, December 2, 2008

CONNECT- EXTEND- CHALLENGE

CONNECT- EXTEND- CHALLENGE sounds like one activity right well to tell the truth it was. Our job was to fill out the 3 columns, with our thoughts. Before starting this activity we were put into groups/partners and after we finished filling it we had to discuss it in groups and then with the whole class. I thought that this activity was really different than the activities we have done in humanities, but I have done this kind of activity in grade 4, where we had to fill in 4 columns, in which one would be what you already know, second what you want to know, questions that still fiddle in your mind and what we learned after the entire unit. I also liked the way everyone got the chance to show their understanding and share it with a peer or the class. One thing I struggled with was putting my thoughts together and expressing them in words. In particular I learned that people in my class had some interesting thinking, especially people thought and questioned in the CHALLENGE column, and I hadn’t thought of questions that were mentioned. Overall this was an interesting activity but familiar and challenging.

No comments: